Buy 200L Solar Water Heater - Best Price
Solar water heaters are a sustainable and energy-efficient solution for heating water using solar power. This article will explore the details of a 200-litre solar water heater, including its components, working principle, installation process, maintenance, energy savings, and more.
What is a 200-litre Solar Water Heater?
A 200-litre solar water heater is a system that utilizes solar energy to heat water for various applications. It comprises solar collectors, a storage tank, and a circulation system. The solar collectors absorb sunlight and transfer the heat to the water in the storage tank, providing hot water for domestic or commercial use.
Benefits of a 200-litre Solar Water Heater
Installing a 200-litre solar water heater offers several benefits. Here are some of them:
- Energy Efficiency: Solar water heaters are highly energy-efficient, utilising the sun's a free and renewable energy source to heat water.
- Cost Savings: By reducing reliance on traditional energy sources, a 200-litre solar water heater can significantly lower electricity or fuel bills.
- Environmental Impact: Solar water heaters are environmentally friendly, as they reduce carbon emissions and help combat climate change.
- Reliability: Solar water heaters can provide hot water even during power outages, ensuring a continuous supply.
- Longevity: With proper maintenance, a 200-liter solar water heater can have a long lifespan, providing hot water for many years.
Price List for 200L Water Heater
|Solar Water Heater Model||Selling Price||Price/Liter|
|ETC 200 Liter SWH||Rs.25,000||Rs.125|
|FPC 200 Liter SWH||Rs.45,000||Rs.225|
|FPC Px. 200 Liter SWH||Rs.52,000||Rs.260|
|FPC HE 200 Liter SWH||Rs.52,000||Rs.260|
|FPC Px. HE 200 Liter SWH||Rs.60,000||Rs.300|
Components of a 200-liter Solar Water Heater
A 200-liter solar water heater typically consists of the following components:
- Solar Collectors are panels or tubes that absorb sunlight and convert it into heat energy.
- Storage Tank: It stores the heated water for later use.
- Circulation System: It includes pipes and pumps that circulate water between the collectors and storage tank.
- Heat Exchanger: Some systems incorporate a heat exchanger to transfer heat from the solar collectors to the water in the storage tank.
- Controller: The controller regulates the operation of the circulation system and ensures optimal performance.
Types of Solar Collectors
There are two common types of solar collectors used in solar water heaters:
- Flat Plate Collectors: These collectors consist of an insulated metal box with a glass or plastic cover and a blackened absorber plate. They are suitable for moderate climates.
- Evacuated Tube Collectors: These collectors are made of glass tubes with a vacuum between them, providing better insulation and higher efficiency. They are ideal for colder climates.
Working Principle of a Solar Water Heater
The working principle of a solar water heater involves the following steps:
- Solar collectors absorb sunlight and convert it into heat energy.
- The heat energy is transferred to the water flowing through the collectors.
- The heated water rises and is stored in the storage tank.
- Whenever hot water is needed, it is drawn from the storage tank.
Installation Process of a 200-liter Solar Water Heater
The installation process of a 200-liter solar water heater typically includes the following steps:
- Site Assessment: Determine the optimal location for the solar collectors, considering factors such as sunlight exposure and shading.
- Mounting the Collectors: Install the solar collectors on the roof or a support structure at an optimal angle for maximum sunlight absorption.
- Connecting the Circulation System: Connect the pipes and pumps to establish the circulation system between the collectors and storage tank.
- Installing the Storage Tank: Position the storage tank in a convenient location and connect it to the circulation system.
- Electrical Connections: Connect the controller and other electrical components to ensure proper functioning.
- Insulation and Sealing: Insulate the pipes and storage tank to minimize heat loss and seal any potential leaks.
- Testing and Commissioning: Verify the system's performance, check for leaks, and ensure efficient water heating.
Maintenance and Care
To ensure the optimal performance and longevity of a 200-liter solar water heater, follow these maintenance practices:
- Regular Cleaning: To maximise sunlight absorption, keep the solar collectors clean from dust, debris, and bird droppings.
- Check for Leakages: Inspect the pipes, storage tank, and connections for leaks. Repair or replace faulty components promptly.
- Scaling Prevention: Monitor the system for scaling or mineral deposits that can reduce efficiency. Flush the system if necessary.
- Periodic Servicing: Arrange for professional servicing regularly to ensure the system's efficiency and functionality.
- Winter Precautions: In colder climates, take necessary precautions to prevent water freezing in the system.
Energy Savings and Environmental Impact
A 200-liter solar water heater provides substantial energy savings compared to conventional water heating methods. Harnessing solar energy reduces reliance on fossil fuels and electricity, leading to lower carbon emissions and a greener environment. Additionally, it helps reduce the demand for traditional energy sources, contributing to overall energy sustainability.
Comparisons with Other Water Heating Systems
Several factors come into play when comparing a 200-liter solar water heater with other water heating systems. Solar water heaters offer significant advantages in terms of energy efficiency and reduced operating costs. Unlike gas or electric heaters, solar water heaters rely on sunlight, a free and renewable resource. However, their performance can be affected by weather conditions and the availability of sunlight.
While solar water heaters are generally safe to use, it is essential to take certain precautions:
- Temperature Control: Ensure the system has appropriate temperature controls to prevent scalding.
- Pressure Relief Valve: Install a pressure relief valve to prevent excessive pressure buildup within the system.
- Professional Installation: Seek the assistance of a qualified technician to install and commission the solar water heater system.
- Regular Inspections: Periodically inspect the system for any signs of damage or malfunction.